Tuesday 3 May 2016

Extended Practice; R&D Presentation

The R&D presentation was really helpful in both feedback and seeing the progress that I had made throughout the module so far. I really enjoyed making this presentation, it was nice summarising the progress that I had made before going onto the research and development that I had undertaken so far.
Feedback on the character designs were really positive. For Dusk, the shadow ghost, the only feedback was changing either the colour of his eyes or his collar when hes angry. I really liked this idea, I prefer his eyes changing colour as I think it would work more successfully in comparison to the collar. The other piece of feedback was the design of the Thug, the only addition being that he needed to be fatter to go with the persona that I had given the Thug. I quite liked the idea of the Thug being fatter, so I would like to incorporate this into the design sheets.

With my animatic, I was able to add the music, as Daniel had finished the recent version just in time for the presentation. It was lovely hearing the music with the animatic, tied the story together and it worked really well with the timings of Cy jumping over the kart and when the shadow first appears in the animation. Feedback was extremely positive, with the only negative being that the music needs to be slower at the beginning of the animation.

Example of R&D Presentation

Example of R&D Presentation

Example of R&D Presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment