Friday 10 April 2015

Propercorn: The new storyboards

For the narrative I cleaned up the lines and coherently sketched the sequence in thumbnail detail before creating the final version which would be set in 16:9. The rough storyboards showed the journey of the popcorn as it is made into Propercorn, from the moment it is picked from the fields to it being placed into the packet. As I was drawing the storyboards I realised that a few of the frames could be taken out which would make the narrative run smoother when animated. For example the profile view of the carts going into the furnace and the signposts of the flavours, this text could be outside next to the entrance to the flavour room. I purposely made the beginning frames last longer just incase Alex wanted to add a title or the company logo before the animation/animatic would begin; an ease in beginning. In order to apply the salt to the popcorn we both came up with the idea of a sieve to shake the salt onto the product, in which it gathers the salt from the sea water in the room before heading to the stand where the gnome would twist a switch to lightly shake salt on the popcorn. With Alex's positive feedback and notes on which scenes to cut I took the designs to photoshop and began to make the refined versions.

Rough Storyboard


Rough Storyboard

With the final storyboards I cut out a few of the scenes with Alex's help with timing and how well it would transition to the next scene. I also added more detail to the environment within the frames to give the audience an idea of how the finished design could appear. This can be seen in the second page third frame with the carts traveling to the next destination. I felt that the wall or environment that the carts would be going past to reach the flavour room needed to link to the packaging of that flavour, so I added the illustration from the packet in the background. I wanted this detail to be moving as the carts move, whether the illustration is depicted as graffiti or in the actual location. 
For the ending the narrative I wanted the story to end on the product packaging, showing the flavour that the ident had referred to with the inclusion of the other packets. I visualised the packets making crinkly sounds as they moved into the frame behind the flavour that was advertised. I added blue notes to each of the frames as to show the viewer the movement and direction within the shot. 
  
Final Storyboard

Final Storyboard

Final Storyboard

No comments:

Post a Comment