Sunday 1 February 2015

Alice in Wonderland - Pitch Boards

For my Pitchboards I wanted them to be a visual portray of my progress and contain any final outcomes that I had reached before the pitch. As the pitch requires me to talk about my work I purposely did not add any text to the boards to stop myself from reading the text myself. When designing the layout for the pitchboards I wanted a reoccurring border that would link with the rest of the boards to make them professional and aesthetically pleasing. For this basic layout of each of the pages, I added the 150th logo with the main publishers logo, changing the main red colour to match with the blue of the logo. This layout structure was successful through how the viewer can tell what the pitch board contains and what brief the contents of the pages are for with out the need for dialogue. As I wanted the pitchboards to be a visual aid to my pitch I included development work that lead me to the final outcome that I situated in colour on the right hand of the board; I wanted to show a clear narrative of how I approached this outcome. I believe this is important to show as especially with a client, the client might like a different development that you had created rather than the final design that you have highlighted; This worked well both aesthetically and for the viewer to gain a better understanding of the work that I had created through the development stage, an informed approach.

Short summary of each board:

+ The first pitchboard contained the character design that I created for two of the main characters with in the book, Alice and the Mad Hatter. I felt that it was necessary to show this outcome as the change in the style of the characters to fit the target market that the brief specified is a huge difference compared to the original John Tenniel prints.

+ The second pitchboard contained the illustration page that I created for one of the final outcomes designated from the brief criteria. I wanted to take inspiration from the original John Tenniel Prints through the use of colour and added detail to the environment.

+ The third pitchboard contained the main outcome wanted from the brief criteria, the front cover. This needed to contain the 150th logo. Text is there to show the placement of the final text, the image is the final design.

+ The fourth pitchboard contains work relating to inform my practice further, I wanted to improve my skill set with storyboard design. I felt that this was a fantastic opportunity to refine my skill sets further with the use of the narrative and use of characters/scenarios.Took this even further with possible website design to match with the front cover of the book, flash buttons to make the website more interactive for the young audience.



Character Design

Illustration

Front Cover
Informing practice further

No comments:

Post a Comment