Tuesday 20 January 2015

Editing the camera and environment of the frame

For my animation I wanted a white background that took influence from the childrens animation, Pocoyo. I felt that this worked well through the theme of my animation that would appeal to the younger audience. I wanted the objects in the scene to be the main focus, along with the character, in which the white background works well to emphasise this attention; As my animation environment is situated in a toy shop, it would be difficult to create so many items and props for the background as well as animating the whole scenes within this environment.


To create the white environment, I edited the hue of the floor panel to a colour that was whiter than white. This was to ensure that the floor panel merged smoothly into the white background created by the camera environment. For the whiter than white hue, I created a new Lambert shade, changing the colour attributes to RBG, with each channel being set at 1.25. In addition, the changes in the render settings effect the lighting and shadows of the environment, to make the render work with the white background, I turned the indirect settings off and then added the final gathering to the render.

For the camera shots, I edited the settings to resolution gate as to see how it would look rendered, gaining a better shot with in the frame, and using the rule of thirds as a basis. I found that I had to change the focal point of the camera when animating as the lens would zoom in to the scene too much, depending how far I moved the camera across the scene.  I solved this by editing the attributes of the camera and widening the lens, and changing the aperture in some cases.



No comments:

Post a Comment