Sunday 20 April 2014

Zoom by Istvan Banyai

I was inspired by this picture book which Istvan Banyai had created, which consists of perceiving one image that connects with another through a stamp or poster on the side of a bus. I especially love the beginning of the picture book with how the characters looking out of the window to see the cockerel are actually toys with in this huge set that a girl is playing with, only to then find out that this is a photograph on the front of a magazine that a boy is reading on a cruise liner. I really love this concept and it has heavily influenced my thought process with my animatic, thinking of ways to connect all of these characters together within a short amount of time. For instance the part of the animatic which shows the girl turning to look at a shooting star only to see that it is in fact a jewel, with an image of a mask on it, to further view that the jewel is around Morpheus's neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment